Tuesday 25 March 2014

Getting ready for a birthday party...

Of course I love a healthy diet, but I'm not opposed to a treat either!

I wanted to send the kids home with something special this year for my sons 4 birthday party.  I decided to make these super cute Oreo pops. So easy to make and my son and I had a great time making them together. He loves helping me cook and loves helping me more when its something sweet.  However he doesn't like chocolate.  I know, it's crazy. But he loves anything else that's sweet, so that makes up for it.  Instead of buying the regular Oreos, I bought the golden Oreos, so he could enjoy them too.  They turned out great.  I cant wait for the kids to see them!



INGREDIENTS:  


  • One package of Oreos. I love using mint Oreos, if you can find them
  • 6 cups of white chocolate for melting 
  • 24 Lollipop sticks 
  • Sprinkles of your choice  
  • Parchment paper

DIRECTIONS:

  • Slowly twist apart all of the Oreo cookies. I set everything up on parchment paper.
  • Using one of the lollipop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
  • Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute then in 30  second increments stirring in between,  for a total of 2 minutes.
  • Dip the tip of one lollipop stick into the melted white chocolate, then place back into the indentation of a cookie. 
  • Carefully place the top of the cookie back on. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes to dry.  This acts like a glue.  Once you can pick up your Oreo pop without anything falling apart its ready to dip.  
  • Holding the stick, gently dip the cookie into the chocolate.  Use a spoon to help you cover it completely.
  • Let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto the parchment paper.
  • Sprinkle the top your cookie with desired confetti sprinkles. 
  • Let cookies dry completely. 
  • Eat and enjoy!   






No comments:

Post a Comment